Monday, November 20, 2006

Dream

Crazy dreams last night...or this morning. I think I woke from them around 6AM, actually in pain.

This dream inspired by: Illinoir, Sleeper Cell, The Big Sleep (wow -- that's a lot of sleep-inspired dreams)

So here goes: In a church (I think) up in the balcony. I am part of some gang. There is another gang in the church, down below. There is a shootout. I have a revolver. Lights go out and shooting stops. I fire one shot at what I think is one of the rival gang members. Lights come back up, rival gang is gone and I see it's just some guy, maybe a cop, that I shot at. Didn't hit him. Was very thankful for that. Then wandering about the church and come into a room and am set on from behind by rival gang leader (who looks, unsurprisingly like what's-his-name the super-bad-guy from Sleeper Cell) who has also tied up some girl (part of my gang? someone I know? not sure). He has one of my arms and something blunt sticking into the back of my ribs on my right side. I resist and he starts turning me around, really hurting my back with whatever it is. Says about the girl "She's being good. Are you going to be good?" So much pain, I cry out, "Yes I'll be good."

Then I wake up and holy crap my back was hurting in the exact spot he was knuckling me. So bizarre. Is it dream imitating life? Life imitating dream?

Lying there, kinda scared to go back to sleep, just because of the pain, but I think I might have gone right back into the dream, or else just half-dreamed the rest of the story:

He lets me for a second -- drops me to the ground or a bed or something. He doesn't think I have a gun, but as you'll remember, I do. I pull it out of my pocket and put it to his head and don't mess about with the talking or the warning or anything.... Just pull the trigger.

Guess what? Waaaay too much crime fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home