Friday, November 17, 2006

Procrastination

I'm on the verge of hitting 37,500 words in the NaNovel (which is significant as that's 75% completion) and I'm stalling like Stalin.

Found this in a word doc called "yellow".




She pulls my hand towards her mouth, her pink tongue darts out between her lips. I pull away.
“Don’t,” I tell her. She is confused, hurt. “It’s nothing personal, it’s just that if you lick that finger, you’ll become addicted to heroin.” I offer her the other hand, which she takes, still unsure of my veracity. She hesitates and then touches her tongue to my cleaner (right) hand, the one still untouched by the mark of evil.
Two weeks ago, the skin on the index finger of my left hand turned yellow.



Do I know what it was? Nah. Just that it was written January 26, 2004. That's all, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home